Tuesday, June 19, 2007

You know how they say hindsight is 20/20? Well, I think they're right. All the signs were there that this guy was a total user and jerk. But, he got to me when I was in a bad spot. My daughter had moved in with her father. I had been spending all my time working. I thought I was ready to date. Guess I was wrong.


My first sign should have been that he didn't drink. Not that that there's anything wrong with not drinking, but having come from a background of alcoholics, I should 
have known better than to get involved with someone supposedly in recovery.
But hey, my best freind wouldn't introduce me to a guy that wasn't cool.  

So, we all have dinner.  We go see a movie.  We chat a little.  He tried to take me home, but my buddy and her husband said no.  I was a little(ok very) drunk, so my judgment was a little impaired.  ANd I had to get to work in a few hours.

I figured I had made a bad impression since he didn't call the next week.  He "lost" my number. (Looking back now, this was probably the first in a long list of lies)  When he finally did call, he said that he woulddn't mind seeing me again, but he had alot of work to do to get his little paper published.  

More later

No comments: