Sunday, July 1, 2007

I'm Scared

So, this guy that owes me 20 grand. He's made one payment of $500. That's it. I tried to be nice and let him have time to get money together to make the payment that was due. That didn't work so well. Now I'm contacting him. He doesn't answer the phone, so everything goes to voice mail.

So he called me Friday and left a voice mail asking me not to contact him directly about the matter. Some vague statement about this being courtesy call and someone would be contacting me about defamation and liable. He should save the attorney fees and filing fees and just send me the money. I've told him that all he has to do to keep me quiet is to make the payments.

I spoke with his next ex. She claims that the guy told her that SDB (Senior Douche Bab) and I never had anything going. Well, first of all, I spent several nights a week at his place. She claims that he stated that I just had a crush on him. The sad thing is, on some level I thought he really cared for me. I won't say that he loved me. Be I thought he actually cared.

The reason I'm scared has nothing to do with threats of law suits. It has everything to do with utility roulette. I have a decent job. I make good money, but SDB has half my annual income tied up in credit card debt. So, being that I am taking care of myself, I went out and got a couple of other jobs.

It still sucks, thinking that two days after payday and there's less than $10 in my checking account. Good thing I'm anorexic. Makes saving on food easy. It's kind of scary thinking that things are going to be this way for a long time. Or until somebody mans up and does the right thing.

No comments: